Applied Research Chemist
Position Purpose/Responsibility: Responsible for all technical activities related to new/existing formulation, innovation and 1st production scale-up of new formulations.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Formulate and facilitate development of innovative colored cosmetic products, line extensions, and product improvements (i.e. Emulsion, Anhydrous, and Powder formulations).
- Identify new/ improved formulation technologies and implement them to meet project needs, following different constraints (costs, regulatory, black lists, etc.) in collaboration with strategic marketing department.
- Interact with customers and provide technical support via oral, presentation and written venues.
- Work directly with clients in order to achieve the desired formulation when necessary.
- Proactively scan and research new concepts, materials, technical opportunities and partnerships.
- Interface with all departments throughout the company and interact with material suppliers.
- Monitor preliminary product stability for new/ existing formulations.
- Effectively manage projects and provide status reports to group leader/ manager.
- Execute all formula customization work in DEVEX and follow all SOP’s with regards to development and formula creation.
- Ensure that all projects are done through the use of the BPM when communicating about projects and/or reporting results.
- To work with the Corporate Applied Research in order to standardize technical information and processes on a global basis for all new formulas.
- Work with Corporate Applied Research in the technical transfer arena of commercialized and non-commercialized formulations.
- Record and review all activity with the direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- R&D/Applied Research Manager
- R&D/Applied Research Supervisor
Bachelor’s Degree in Scientific Discipline, such as Chemistry, Biology, Physics, etc.
Cosmetic Formulation, color perception, raw material knowledge, regulatory knowledge, GLPs, GMPs, FDA guidelines
- 1-3 years in Cosmetic Formulation
Computer Skill (Word, Excel, SAP, Devex), Good Communication Skills, Math Skills, Professional, Courteous, Able to travel if needed
10% of the time