Industrial Maintenance Mechanics
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Job Purpose:
Maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment. Industrial mechanics are employed in manufacturing plants, utilities and other industrial establishments.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Job Duties:
All work to be performed must be reported to your Lead Mechanic.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by Inspect, examine, listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments; machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions on the mechanical devices in operation.
- Install, troubleshoot, maintain, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, programmable logic controls, assembly and production machines, etc…, using hand and power tools according to plans.
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts.
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive and corrective maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery.
- Notify Parts Guy, lack or need any part necessary for the proper functioning of equipment.
- Document any requisition of parts in the Parts Shop Requisition sheet.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Document all work performed in the book of the equipment and the daily worksheet.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Follow directions for the immediate person in charge in the need of some priority.
- Perform other tasks assigned by your Lead Mechanic.
- Train new mechanics in your area.
- Follow Company Policies, Security Policies and GMPs to do a job.
Equipment Maintenance, Technical Understanding, Technical Zeal, Deals with Uncertainty, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail, Flexibility, Job Knowledge, Productivity. Must be Bilingual: English & Spanish.
Job Type: Full-time
To ensure the safety of our employees during these current circumstances we have implemented safety protocols throughout our facilities. We continue to closely monitor the COVID crisis and provide a COVID-19 training to all Intercos employees.
Please send resume to: Careers@intercos.it