Junior IT Specialist
The Junior IT Specialist is responsible for providing timely technical support services to employees. This individual will provide desk-side, telephone, email, and remote support to employees at offices and satellite locations focusing on providing a great customer experience. The ideal candidate for this role should possess a solid technical background in desktop operating systems, Servers, AD, DHCP, DNS, Vmware.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Setup, configure, and maintain PC hardware, software, and peripherals (phones, printers, etc.) in a multi-vendor (PC/Mac/Chrome) environment. Assist engineers with providing third level support, troubleshooting network and enterprise related issues. Research and recommend changes, upgrades, and advancements in technologies that support the Helpdesk and business goals. Develop, prepare, test and deploy workstation OS level images. Support and perform workstation and computer move when required. Assist with ensuring the security of the corporate environment by managing and monitoring access control and anti-virus across different software and hardware packages.
- Ensure all support requests are well documented in the IT ticketing system, from the creation of the ticket to the successful resolution. Update, maintain and improve upon the IT knowledge base within the ticketing system. Maintain a daily log of work performed and submit reports and other paperwork as required. Assist with the creation and maintenance of processes and procedures for supporting cloud-based applications and platforms such as Office 365, SharePoint, OneDrive
- Interact professionally with clients exhibiting strong customer service skills.
- Track assets and inventory that has been distributed to end-users and ensure proper levels of inventory are available.
- CompTIA and/or Microsoft certification required, such as A+, Network+, MCP. MCSE or VMware certifications are a big plus etc.
- Demonstrated experience with AD, O365, Wi-Fi, VoIP, networking fundamentals, video conferencing fundamentals, A/V (sound), and printing
- • Minimum 3 years’ experience with multi-vendor (PC/Mac/Chrome) PC hardware, peripherals and mobile devices configuration/deployment/support
- • Strong customer service, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task
- Participates in department projects as instructed by IT Department management
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the IT Manager
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Minimum 2-3 years of Server Support/Administration experience
- Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting skills, must have an innate curiosity and interest in IT
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Wi-Fi, and VoIP technologies
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, 10 desktop operating systems and windows server 2008 2012 2016 and 2019
- Working knowledge of Office 365 cloud application suite
- Must be able to travel to other local offices in Rockland County and NYC.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Possess strong abilities in organizing, prioritizing, and multitasking
- Expected to be a team player who shares knowledge for collective growth
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral), and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization