US Strategic Marketing
VP of Strategic Marketing
LOCATION: Intercos America on 5th Avenue
OVERALL PURPOSE: 1) managing all aspects of new US product developments for our internal US product collection and US market initiatives including brand strategies, local market analysis and product strategy recommendation, formula development, pack development and 2) maintaining cross functional relationships and communication with our global marketing and product development teams in Italy (HQ), and Sales & Operational teams in the US (Congers, NY).
AREAS OF FOCUS:
· US category expert for our Delivery Systems Business Unit (including, but not limited to eyeliner, eyebrow, lipliner…), managing our existing portfolio & developing new relevant innovation.
· “US Beauty” innovation collection development (R&D / Packaging briefs, Product development).
· Account development / sales team support for MASS MARKET & INDIE clients (client presentations, client custom product developments).
I. Marketing Brand Strategies: develop brand strategies including market and brand data analysis (Nielsen, NPD, Euromonitor…), portfolio product analysis, price positioning, distribution channels, 360 marketing campaigns, targeted product innovation needs.
II. Strategic Marketing Intelligence:
· Market data collection and interpretation: identify need gaps and growth opportunities (brand and product) based on sales data.
· Local competitive analyses: oversee the marketing coordinator in the monthly tracking of new product launches in the EYE category, purchase and evaluate the products to identify high potentials.
· Local trend presentation: scout and identity emerging local market trends within the beauty industry, but also beyond, to inspire the global trend collection product plan.
· Intercos Inside: keep track of what we are selling to our clients out of the US to continue to build our local portfolio overview / catalogue.
III. Product Development:
· Maintain, promote and expand the US “ready to go” product catalogue.
· Lead the US Beauty Innovation product briefings & developments, sample preparation, marketing documentation, delivery & refills for our internal events.
· Support the Brazil team with their developments and fairs: briefings & developments, sample preparation, delivery & refills for events.
IV. Sales Team Support:
· Upon request, create customized presentation for key client meetings.
· Help sales in the product selection process if needed to respond to new client briefs.
· Support client formula developments and approvals if needed, working closely with local labs, sales and operations.
V. Event Support (global / local fairs and client open houses)
· Train sales/account development to select, position & present products to clients.
· Present products to Clients at Global / Local Events.
· Coordinate presentation materials for US events: product samples, marketing materials…
EXPERIENCE & CORE SKILLS REQUIRED
· 4+ years (minimum 3 years) of experience in product development and marketing at beauty brands or manufacturers – preferably in color cosmetics.
· Passionate about all things beauty and fashion, and actively tracks industry trends.
· Actively follows brands, influencers, celebrities on social media.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
· Demonstrates strong adaptability and flexible thinking.
Creativity – key skills to be part of our global trend team
· Able to demonstrate “out of the box” creativity.
· Strong concept ideating and writing skills.
· Strong sense of creativity, out of the box thinking and passionate about art, design, fashion…
· Knows how to creatively research, brainstorm, take inspiration from unusual places, develop a creative vision and translate it into a visual (360 degree) product experience that will engage with an audience.
· Knows how to read, interpret and (re)format market data to build strategic recommendations.
· Is an accomplished user of market and consumer data platforms like Nielsen, IRI, NPD…).
· Strong cross-functional product development / project management skills.
· Has managed large-scale projects involving cross-functional teams.
· Able to collaborate & communicate effectively, positively and clearly with cross-functional teams.
· Highly organized, able to prioritize & manage a large number and variety of projects at one time.
· Strong level of autonomous problem-solving skills.
· Fluent in English; Italian is a strong plus.
· Excel and Power Point super-user, able to deliver high impact presentations in power point and conduct data analysis and project management in Excel.
· Already has the permission to work in the United States.
· Job will require to commute to our lab and production facilities in Congers (NY) on a bi-monthly basis to work on the internal product developments and client product developments (commute cost is covered by Intercos as travel expenses).
· Internal travels will be done on a “need by” basis.
· This position is not 100% fully remote. We observe “Flex Working” balancing work from home (30%-40%) with work from office (60%-70%).
· Please no domestic or international relocations as this job needs to be filled as soon as possible and presence in office is a must.