Process Engineer II
Position Purpose (Responsibility):
The Process Engineer II position is primarily responsible for the planning and execution of industrial-scale filling & assembly trials to seamlessly transition new product introductions from conception into manufacturing. They are charged with being able to identify and solve any industrial scale-up related problems through investigation, observation, and data analysis under minimal supervision.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Design & Implement Manufacturing Solutions.
- Independently study, understand, and execute industrial-scale filling & assembly trials of new products for a smooth transition to manufacturing/production scale while providing fluid communication between R&D and Manufacturing. This involves all facets of New Product Introduction: Experimental Design, Execution, Physical Testing, and Quantitative Analysis & Interpretation.
- Quickly acquire the knowledge necessary to create a Design of Experiments (DOE) to solve processing challenges.
- Investigate out-of-specification manufacturing non-conformances, as needed. Create effective corrective and preventive action plans to resolve.
- Active participation in the understanding and resolution of new/existing manufacturing issues.
- Responsible for compliance of assigned work area with company-set standards for manufacturing/lab safety and general maintenance.
This position reports into the Industrial Engineering Manager and is located in Congers, NY. They will interface internally with Project Management, Quality Assurance, R&D Laboratory, Manufacturing Operations, & related global functions and externally with Clients & Suppliers, as needed.
Education/Certification: B.S. in Chemistry, Chemical/Industrial Engineering, or related degree.
Required Knowledge: Strong understanding of chemical processing concepts including heat transfer, mass flow, and instrumental & statistical analysis and how it is applied to personal care products.
Experience: Minimum four (4) years in a science-related industry, preferably cosmetic & personal care.
Skills/Abilities: Exceptional communication skills with an ability to effectively convey complicated data and timelines with all cross-functional teams; R&D Formulation Chemists, Technical & Operational Manufacturing, Packaging, and Marketing/Product Development. Proficiency in MS Office applications.