Production Planner Job Description
The role of the Production Planner is to ensure that all inventory and production requirements are planned to be available to meet agreed upon deadlines and in the correct quantities.
Job Description and Responsibilities
There are two interrelated responsibilities:
- Release and track work orders, including tracking any WiP, Components and bulk needed and ensuring those are on time.
- Communicate plans to production, customer service and management
- Maintain dates, quantities, and statuses in SAP
- Daily review and maintain MRP
- Manage inventory to minimize obsolesce
- Ensure the work orders are closed on a timely basis and any anomalies are investigated
- Use SAP (Access and ScheduleIT) to schedule the shop floor weekly to achieve 95% schedule attainment, finalized one week prior.
- Develop valid, feasible production schedules based on equipment, labor and raw material availability.
- Review Monthly RCCP for assigned work centers to ensure that Supply Chain can support all program requirements.
- Monitors the customer service commitments and assign priorities based on customer needs and production availability.
- Publish and perform root cause analyses on key metrics including Customer Service Level, Actual vs. Scheduled Productions and Master Schedule Stability
- Interact frequently with manufacturing personnel to balance demand and customer service commitments.
- Identify failures to standard that impact manufacturing capacity/flexibility. Review monthly.
- Participate in meetings and keep up to date on issues related to Manufacturing, Planning, New Product introductions, Line Fill Rates, Metrics, and other related Supply Chain issues.
- Be accurate in regards to quantity, date & parts list
- 3-5 years manufacturing shop floor planning experience, ERP (SAP preferred).
- Moderate Experience with MS Office(Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Interested? Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org