Raw Material Specialist
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Assist formulators and Regulatory Team in R&D with all the raw material needs.
- Upload Raw material composition in the system
- Upload all necessary documents needed for Raw Material codification
- Centralize the samples request for all chemists. The raw material specialist will be the point of contact with all suppliers.
- Help Regulatory team by contacting vendor and requesting all the documents needed. Make sure to follow up with vendors for all the requests.
- Work closely with corporate team and apply the corporate procedure
- Update and inform the lab on any discontinued raw materials, provide potential substitute to the chemists.
- Arrange suppliers’ meeting with chemists of Applied research and Color Development
- Share new relevant raw material information with all chemists.
- Recommend new/replacement for raw materials
- Maintain relationship with suppliers
- Manage and attend vendor meetings.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Report to Director of Applied Research & Color Development
Bachelor’s Degree in any related science, such as chemistry, Biology, Physics, etc.
Knowledge of cosmetic raw materials and cosmetic regulations.
2-3 years relevant work experience in the cosmetics industry as a chemist for a raw material supplier, a cosmetic manufacturer or as a regulatory specialist.
Computer, DEVEX and SAP ERP system
Strong written and oral communication skills including meeting with customers and presentations to
Strong project management skills
Experience communicating and collaborating with suppliers
Strong information seeking-skills and a drive to make things happen
Ability to work under pressure and to set priorities
Self-starter attitude and the ability to be a team player within a fast-paced team
Knowledge of formulation, manufacturing processes, and all cosmetic regulations
Ability to travel up to 10% of the time